1. What grades and subjects do you tutor?
K-8 – all subjects
High School – math and reading
2. How much are the sessions?
$50/session. Sessions are paid monthly, at the beginning of each month.
3. How long are the sessions?
Children under 7 – 45 minutes
Children 7 and older – 55 minutes
4. Is tutoring one-on-one or group?
All tutoring is one-on-one and is customized to focus on your student’s specific needs.
5. Do you work with children with special needs?
Yes! We specialize in helping children with dyslexia using the Orton-Gillingham approach.
6. Is there a set number of sessions required?
No. You decide how many sessions your child has each week. Most children have 2 sessions/week but we have some students who have once a week sessions and some who have three.
If your child has dyslexia, it is recommended that you have 2 sessions per week.
7. Am I locked into a year-long contract?
No. Enrollment is month to month. Payment is due on the first session each month. Any remaining balance after the 10th of the month is charged a 15% late fee. We accept cash, check, and online credit card payments through Zelle and Paypal.
8. Will you do an assessment before you start with my child and how much will it cost?
Yes. we will typically do an informal assessment the first tutoring session to see where your child is struggling but we do not charge extra for this. It is billed as a regular $50 session.
9. Is there a registration fee?
10. Will my child work with the same tutor each week?
Yes. Typically your child will work with the same tutor for the duration of their tutoring unless that tutor is sick or on vacation.
11. Do you offer other services?
Yes, we also offer formal assessments using standardized tests and a free community library filled with resources for parents and teachers of children with learning disabilities.
12. Can I go ahead and sign up for tutoring?
Our schedule fills up fast so we want to make sure we have availability first. Just email us from our contact page and we’ll see if we have dates and times available that fit your schedule.
13. Why did you open a tutoring company?
I have a son who has dyslexia, which is how I got into this field. I’m very passionate about helping other families so please let me know what questions you might have, or if I can help in any way.
I’d be happy to answer any questions via email or phone, 910-279-7143. The phone often goes to voicemail due to my tutoring schedule but I do try and return all calls within 24 hours.