If you have been trained in Orton-Gillingham or a similar multisensory program and are looking to work with children with dyslexia, dysgraphia, math learning disabilities, and ADHD, we want to talk to you!
Our students range in age from kindergarten to middle school. This is challenging, but very rewarding work, and we are looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to helping these amazing kids!
We believe in high-energy sessions with games, hands-on activities, and enjoyment to keep the students motivated and engaged in the lessons. Most students we work with stay with us for a number of years so you get to see the growth and progress of your student first-hand.
You are someone who is:
- Encouraging, patient, and upbeat
- Reliable and punctual
- Organized, independent worker
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Always open to new methods and evidence-based strategies
- Able to create own lessons (with all supplies provided)
You have the following qualifications:
- Training in Orton-Gillingham or a similar multisensory program (e.g: Wilson, Fundations, SPIRE, IMSE, Barton)
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience working with children as a teacher or tutor
- Experience with children who have ADHD or other behavioral challenges
- Clear background check
You are able to
Commit to a regular schedule for lessons
Commit to at least 6 hours/week for at least a full calendar year
Tutor between 3:30-6:30 during school months